It is still February and it is likely very cold in most parts of the US right now but here in Tennessee last weekend it was very nice. One of our local car clubs hit the road with 56 members. We pulled out our 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler Cale Yarborough Special and put approximately 175 miles on it. We never got on an interstate, mostly traveling back TN roads, up and down hill and through the woods. It was great fun. Our first stop was at a nice little restaurant on the Cumberland River. The cat fish was good but the desert was even better. From there we motored on down to look at a local gentleman’s collection of nearly 150 cars. His collection of signs, parts and other automobilia was just as impressive. It was a fabulous day.
That brings up a series of questions. What is it you like to do with your car?
- Car Shows with awards?
- Car Shows without judging?
- Short drives in the country with your spouse?
- Local cruise-in where you sit in your chair and bench race with friends?
- Long drives with car club buddies to interesting locations?
- Power Tour type events were you are on the road for multiple days?
- Drag Race?
- Indoor or Concours type shows?
- Build it?