Have you ever been to an ISCA (International Show Car Association) show? If not put it on your list to do. I showed a few times many years ago and got a great appreciation for the people who really get into it. Tony Allers (owns the Smokey Yunick Fiero from a prior Blog) has a Championship Car that he built in his home garage!
This is what one multi-award winning ISCA Show Car started as!
The vehicle was originally a Nashville Fire Department station wagon which was purchased in June 1999 by Tony and Diane Allers. The car had a Fire Department history and they always knew it would have a subtle fire theme. After 9-11-01, the direction became very clear.They wanted to make the car tasteful, classy, respectful and unique. Fabricating almost everything themselves. EVERY part of the car has been changed, modified, or re-fabricated.
You can see more about this car on our FEATURE CAR page.
Here are a few photos to wet your appetite.
- Station wagon roof rack, rear wiper arm, and all top pieces have been shaved, filled or removed.
- Front grille was relocated from the hood to between the headlights. E-One logo, the company that builds fire trucks is mounted in the center of the grille.
- Wagon sits on a set of 20 inch One Off Billet Specialties wheels.
- A Flowmaster exhaust stays in line with the center dash and console and exits via a Camaro tip directly below the center of the rear bumper.
- There are many more modifications, Click Here for the entire list.
HOW DID THIS CAR DO ON THE SHOW CIRCUIT? CHECK OUT THESE STATS!
- Super Chevy Shows in: Memphis, TN 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007; Gainesville, FL, 2003; Montgomery, AL, 2004; BEST MODIFIED 91-96 BIG CAR!
- National Corvette Homecoming 2005; Best BIG CAR and Best Modified BIG CAR!
- ISCA 2006: Chattanoga, TN; Shreveport, LA; Birmingham, AL; Louisville, KY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveloand, OH; Southbend, IN; CUSTOM WAGON FIRST PLACE!
- ISCA 2006 AWARDS: CUSTOM WAGON-EAST DIVISION CHAMPION AND INTERNATIONAL CLASS CHAMPION!
- ISCA 2007: Cincinnatti, OH; Chattanoga, TN; Birmingham, AL; Louisville, KY; Southbend, IN; Custom Wagon, First Place!
- Hunter’s Car Show, Nashville, TN 2007: Best Modified 91-96 Big Car!
- ISCA AWARDS 2007: Custom Wagon-Regional Class Winner and Custom Wagon-International Winner!
- Plus more.