According to the Webster Dictionary A legend is a “non-historical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical”; legendary is likewise defined as “celebrated or described in legend”.
It is history and stories that make any car Legendary. Part of the fun and mystique of owning collector cars are the people you meet and the stories they tell. I often hear that sitting in an old car is like a time machine. It takes the person back to another world that was their youth.
The stories that are shared around old cars tell about how they were acquired, about the breakdowns, about the special trips and especially about the people encountered along the way.
Legendary Collector Cars are not made in a factory, they are made on the street, at the racetracks and at car shows. They can be Muscle Cars, Sports Cars, Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Classic Cars, Antique Cars, Collector Cars or any other car you love. This site is about our Legends and about making your car a Legend.
Legendary Collector Cars focuses on having fun with collector cars and the life style of collector car owners. It seems as if most of car related web pages are interested in selling cars, the Blogs are about breaking news and the TV Shows are all about “How To”. We also like to buy and sell cool cars, we love the latest gossip and we like to tinker on old cars but this web page focuses on:
- Real people, real cars and real America. Legendary Collector Cars features real car enthusiasts of all walks of life, all ages, and all locations with their cars out having fun. Legendary Collector Cars are driven. We prefer Muscle Cars and Hot Rods with a Sports Car or Rat Rod for fun but we love all cars and will try not to let our personal favorites get in the way of what we show you.
- How many ways can you have fun with a car? A few examples are: cruise-ins, shows, caravans, autocross, races, concours, tours, helping others by giving rides to the elderly at nursing homes or young kids at civic events. The possibilities are endless.
- If you just want to see what kind of cars we own; go to our MUSEUM.
- Like projects and project cars? Go take a look in our PROJECT CARS page, you will also find some Barn Finds and other Cool Stuff on this site.
- We also enjoy visiting car museum and various speed shops and repair shops. We constantly update these portions of the site.
- How are you making your car a Legend? Let us know at email@example.com and we may include you and your car(s) in our next post.
How can you get involved?
- Car Clubs: We can list your car club in our links page but we need a story about your best event and you have to include good interesting photos. We also request you add http://www.LegendaryCollectorCars.com link to your club’s web page. Again you have to send us photos and stories. The best ones will make the page.
- Road Tour: A portion of the web site consists of our stories about traveling with a car club on a road tour or our own individual excursions.
- Project Cars and What are you Working on? We will share with you our Project cars and what we are working on but we really want you to share your project with us. It can just be getting started or one you need help with, or one that is now finished and on the road. Tell us about it and send lots of photos!
- The Theme of this site is husbands and wives having fun with their cars. Not sitting at car shows with the most expensive vehicles but seeing them on the road. Sure, we will try to get the best cars possible and the most unique vehicles but we really want to focus on getting as many clubs and people participating on the site as possible. We are using lots of photos and videos to keep you entertained.
- Locations: Much of this site’s stories are photographed in the southeastern parts of the Country. We are located near Nashville and obviously we prefer to stay near home. The weather is good and there are a large number of car clubs and enthusiasts in the area. There are also numerous major car events in this part of the Country. However, we also travel to other parts of the Country for major shows and activities. These might include a Club tour through the mountains in Colorado; a visit to the Pomona swap meet in California or a trip to the northeastern part of the Country to see the fall colors; there are also the numerous Super Chevy Shows, Fun Ford Weekends, Good Guy events and similar activities that occur regularly all over the Country.
- Races: we enjoy racing. We will be at various types of events including vintage racing events. You will see it all right here.